Monday, November 12, 2007

Mo-Geo Rising

This morning, I returned from a weekend visit to Chicago. We left Saturday morning, and I fell asleep on the short plane ride. After we got settled, I went to go visit my Great Grandma Smith and her friend Dorothy. I had a lot of fun listening to Great Grandma's stories. Mommy was holding me, and as Great Grandma was talking, I would lean forward to see who was talking, and then flash her a big grin. I got to sit on her lap for a little while, and she played the chin chopper game with me. I also got to meet my Great Aunt Patti (who gave me a new nickname, Mo-geo) and Uncle Gary, and mommy's cousin Kelly. When I got fussy, daddy took me for a walk to look at the birds, which I really enjoyed.



Saturday night, we went out for pizza. I mean, I got to watch everyone eat Chicago style pizza. I wasn't too interested in my turkey and veggies, and didn't eat much. My Uncle Dan brought me some crayons, and I tried scribbling on the table with him. I got to meat my Great Aunt Sharon and Uncle Andy, my great Aunt Kathy and Art, and mommy's cousin Todd and his wife Amy. When I got too tired to sit in my highchair, I got passed around the table, and had a lot of fun grabbing whatever I could get my hands on, and smiling for everyone. I finally fell asleep in Great Uncle Andy's arms.


























On Sunday, I went to a train show, and got to look at a lot of trains. There were a few displays, which I enjoyed watching. We went back to visit with Great Grandma some more later, and I had fun playing with a helium balloon. My Great Aunt Kathy was pummeled in the face a few times with the balloon, because I got so excited when I had that balloon in my hand.


We flew back home this morning, I was a good boy, uneventful flight. Mommy and I snoozed on the couch for a few hours when we got home after our busy week of traveling.

No comments: