Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm Just Here for the Popsicles

After an exciting morning, I was not ready to settle down for a nap when we got home. Shortly after Grandma put me in my crib for my nap, she heard a loud thud, and ran into my room to find me on the floor next to my crib. Yep, somehow I had managed to throw myself over the crib rail onto the floor! I had bump on my head, wasn't making a sound, I didn't even cry, and I wasn't moving much. Daddy was working downstairs, and they decided it's better to play it safe, and took me to the ER to get checked over. Of course once we arrived at the ER, my mood changed as I turned on the charm, smiling, waving, and saying "hi" to everyone. The doctor looked me over, and only found some blood in my ear which was nothing to worry about, and said I was fine. Then came the moment I was waiting for, I got my popsicle!

When we got home, Mommy and Grandma made up my big boy bed for me, not wanting to risk another night of me in my crib. I loved climbing into my new bed, and settling into my sheets I had picked out a few weeks earlier. I even insisted on wearing my car pajamas, so that I matched my sheets. I had a very restful night sleep in my new bed, I'd say there is no going back to the crib for me!

No comments: